Friday, May 11, 2012

It's really not that hard to understand

  Odie is light years away from being perfect and I have many regrets when I look back on my 65 years. There was a time when I was in church every time the doors opened and held many offices in the church organization. Although I do not attend a specific church today I still love God and believe His word. 

  God loves me and everyone else on this planet and nothing has ever been more true. However, while He loves us and sent His Son Jesus to die for us, He hates certain things that people do and made it quite plain in His word.

  Dr. D. James Kennedy made the following statement in 1990. "I know a number of homosexuals who have been transformed by the Gospel of Christ and have come to lead normal and healthy lives. God can change you if you are in this bondage. God can forgive you. If you are a fornicator or an adulterer or a homosexual or whatever, God is willing to receive you and waits with open arms. Come unto Him. But you must come in repentance and faith, for Jesus said, 'Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.'"

  In the Word of God in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind,as with womankind: it is abomination."
Leviticus 20:13  "If a man also like with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall be surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."

  Too many times in history christians have kept quiet while the rest of the world promoted activities that "their" bible clearly stated was evil and was hated by God. Not the person, but the evil they do. If everyone is doing something wrong, it is still wrong. I do not hate homosexuals and never have but I do know that my bible says what they do is against nature and the Word of my God. 

  This is my blog and my opinion based on God's written Word. It is not a debate for the matter is settled as far as I am concerned so you cannot comment. As Dr. Kennedy quoted above God wants them to come to Him, repenting and I pray they will before it is too late.