Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
It was a struggle after getting behind due to the hurricane and then almost a week dealing with the grief issues relating to Brad's passing but as of today I am caught up and can breathe again.
I feel like I have missed out on so much of the lives of my friends here in the blog kingdom and will be trying to catch up this week as much as I can. Mainly just wanted all of you to know that I have missed you and look forward to reading your posts.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
I went to the post office today and was tickled pink to find out I had a surprise package waiting for me. It came from our very sweet friend up in the great state of Maine. Her blog is A Smile A Day and you can find it here. Thank you my friend for making my day and putting a smile on my face.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
I was eating breakfast with my sister Linda this morning when my Linda called crying. Her nephew who I guess is about 30 was on his new job last night and went to the rest room, had a seizure and died. His name is Brad Jenkins and leaves a wife Christina and 2 small children Damion & Ashley. They are living with Linda's Brother Jesse.
Brad was in the military for about 7 years and repaired aircraft and has been out of the service for about a year now. Prayers will be appreciated. Thanks
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
This is from my friends at the 700 Club and it ministered to me. I hope it will speak to others and help us take care of ourselves.
10. Reduce Caffeine, drink herbal teas: Caffeine stimulates the production of stress hormones, inhibits immune system function and raises blood pressure. Herbal teas help control blood pressure levels, suppress tumor growth and slow the aging process.
9. Get a massage: A relaxing massage calms the nervous system, lowers heart rate, strengthens the immune system and improves concentration.
8. Eat Right: More protein, more vitamins, less sugar: Protein is essential for robust health. It is the main ingredient in our cells and next to water, comprises most of our skin, hair, eyes, nails and muscle.
Sugar diminishes the body's defense against infection by suppressing the immune system. Sugar consumption can cause depression, indigestion, arthritis, heart disease and asthma. Sugar feeds cancer.
7. Relax & Pamper: A warm (not hot) bubble bath increases circulation and reduces anxiety. Candlelight promotes relaxation and reduces headache irritation.
6. Save some money: Putting money into savings each week or payday builds a sense of security and prepares you for the future. Live within your means and get rid of "debt stress".
5. Early to bed early to rise: Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep.
4. Drink Water: Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to flush toxins and lubricate body systems.
3. Listen to music: Music can lower blood pressure and restore a sense of well-being. Listen to praise songs, especially the Psalms set to music. It could also be beneficial to listen to relaxing music during your candlelit bubble bath.
2. Exercise and stretch: Regular exercise reduces the effects of stress and boosts the immune system. Stretch to loosen tense muscles and reduce stress hormones.
1. Pray and read you Bible: Studies show that praying improves the immune system and adds years to your life. Reading the Bible replaces stress with confidence in God and His faithfulness.
Check out other resources here.
We are a faith partner with CBN, you can be one too.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Hey there blog family. Today this old guy is so very thankful for all of my blog family who are all so good at showing compassion when others are hurting. I was overwhelmed at the responses I got concerning my daughter Rachel and her operation. Still waiting to hear how the operation went today and I will keep you all posted.
Also thankful to have a couple of days off to enjoy some quiet and special time with Rocky. It is 6 PM and it has been a good day. We managed to get outside and burn most of the remnants of Irene and then took a long nap in the recliner. I enjoyed trying to catch up on reading most of your posts today and will try to stay current during the long weekend I have.
Take care everyone and have a restful night.
Starting today my friend Katie over at Katherine's Corner is having a give away featuring the items pictured above. Don't know if the picture I copied will enlarge for better detain but it sure will on her site so pop on over and give Katie some love for Odie and get in on the give away. My favorite are those two ceramic birds.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Just to let all of you know Rachel went to an orthopedic doctor on tuesday and he will be operating on her tomorrow. He will have to put screws in the piece of bone that broke off the end of the big bone in her right leg near her ankle.
It will be a fairly long recovery and during all that she will have the added problem of getting my grandsons shuttled to wherever they need to be. Her husband's job mostly keeps him out of town so he will not be around and his mother has cancer and is battling an infection in a leg she broke a long time ago. As they say, when it rains it pours. Please keep Rachel's family & her mother in law in your prayers.
Monday, September 5, 2011
Happy Labor Day everyone. I hope all of you are well and able to enjoy this beautiful day as we go into this short week of work.
Some time back on my post showing what I had received from Saskia over in the Netherlands I said Linda and I wanted to do a Labor Day giveaway. Twelve of the eighteen people who responded to that post indicated they wanted to be involved in the giveaway. I used one of those random list thingy devices and it gave me the winning number in order of the comments listed.
As the drum roll sounds the winner is Jenny over at Knees & Paws. If you don't know Jenny you need to pop over and you will be glad you did. While you are there get to know the whole family, Jenny, Richard, Emily and Elliot and for you animal lovers there is Ozzie & Annie.
Congratulations Jenny, email me your address and I will get the package out to you quickly. This was a lot of fun for Linda and I.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Happy Saturday everyone. This was a kind of stressful week with the beginning having no power at home. Using the computer at my office I was able to get my Wednesday assignment in on time and I finished the rest of the work today and submitted it a little while ago.
This past week was working with Word and PowerPoint presentations and was actually fun. I had seen others do PowerPoint but never thought I would be doing it myself.
Week 5 is dealing with Excell spread sheets and EHR (electronic health records).
I have felt lost not being up close & personal with your posts but I promise to try and get to them today. Take care everyone & know I have been thinking about you even if I wasn't there leaving a comment.