10. Reduce Caffeine, drink herbal teas: Caffeine stimulates the production of stress hormones, inhibits immune system function and raises blood pressure. Herbal teas help control blood pressure levels, suppress tumor growth and slow the aging process.
9. Get a massage: A relaxing massage calms the nervous system, lowers heart rate, strengthens the immune system and improves concentration.
8. Eat Right: More protein, more vitamins, less sugar: Protein is essential for robust health. It is the main ingredient in our cells and next to water, comprises most of our skin, hair, eyes, nails and muscle.
Sugar diminishes the body's defense against infection by suppressing the immune system. Sugar consumption can cause depression, indigestion, arthritis, heart disease and asthma. Sugar feeds cancer.
7. Relax & Pamper: A warm (not hot) bubble bath increases circulation and reduces anxiety. Candlelight promotes relaxation and reduces headache irritation.
6. Save some money: Putting money into savings each week or payday builds a sense of security and prepares you for the future. Live within your means and get rid of "debt stress".
5. Early to bed early to rise: Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep.
4. Drink Water: Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day to flush toxins and lubricate body systems.
3. Listen to music: Music can lower blood pressure and restore a sense of well-being. Listen to praise songs, especially the Psalms set to music. It could also be beneficial to listen to relaxing music during your candlelit bubble bath.
2. Exercise and stretch: Regular exercise reduces the effects of stress and boosts the immune system. Stretch to loosen tense muscles and reduce stress hormones.
1. Pray and read you Bible: Studies show that praying improves the immune system and adds years to your life. Reading the Bible replaces stress with confidence in God and His faithfulness.
Check out other resources here.
We are a faith partner with CBN, you can be one too.