Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Short Rows

As the old saying goes in this part of the world, I am in the "short rows" now. Simply meaning one more day after today and my sweet wife, our precious puppy and I will be making our journey to a spot that is dear to our hearts. I could never tire of the mountains and have always wished I had been born in that part of the country instead of the flat lands. Maybe it's time for a little clarification regarding the title of this blog, The Simple Life. That is truly what I desire, but that does not mean I experience it on a daily basis. Quite the opposite most of the time. You see for 30 years I have been in the office machine service world and for most of that time I have been a service manager. I have 5 guys that I try to keep busy and on the right track which is quite a challenging endevour to say the least. Especially when these adults decide to act like children some days. More and more I tend to look forward to the end of the day when I can go home to the peaceful atmosphere that allows me to unwind. I am sure my wife can identify with that since she is also a manager in a job that can be very stressful at times. I am a long time fan of two TV shows, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. I love in interact with the show and try to solve the questions or puzzles before the contestents do which is fun and I like to think keeps my mind sharper. One of the more relaxing activities I have found recently is spending time at the blog page of Ree Drummond, a cookbook writer, photographer, wife and mother. Her site can be found at http://thepioneerwoman.com She will make you laugh, make your mouth water with her recipes and amaze you with her photography. Time to get this Wednesday started.

No comments:

Post a Comment