Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Morning Update

In regards to my post about starting my correspondence with my soon to be new friend in Tanzania I realized after having time to think about my comments that I need to adjust something. Even though we now have the technology to instantly translate another language I will be writing in English to follow the guidelines of Compassion International.

I know that they have to be sure everything they receive is proper and not saying something that would cause problems and I would just be complicating things for them if all my content was in Swahili.

Didn't want to throw anyone else off thinking it was a good thing to do. I still like the ability to use the translation device so I can get an idea of how the language works though.

Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. that's great... to be able to communicate with him in Swahili.

    I tried using google translate, from Filipino to English to Filipino and it sounded really funny.

    I hope you get a good online translation service so you will be able to get your message across.

    cheers, Odie!

    and thanks for visiting my blog regularly. appreciate it.

    janet

    ReplyDelete