Friday, February 24, 2012

What's in a name?



  Let me say right up front that I am "NOT" making fun of or trying to make light of either of these ministries.

  In my travels I see a lot of signs, especially for churches and these two I just happen to see frequently. Most churches have short names like First Baptist Church, Word Tabernacle or something similar but can you imagine having to say all that you see here when asked where you worship? 

  It appears that some, more than others put more thought into titles of churches or denominations and even to what they call the people who are in charge or the primary minister. Above you see that leaders are referred to as bishop, pastor and apostle. 

  I just thought this was interesting and was wondering if any of you have seen others that have really long names. 

  Don't know if any of you have noticed but this post is number "500" for this old NC guy.  Never for a moment did I ever think I would find 500 reasons to post anything.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on hitting the big 500, Odie! We're all glad you found blogging and glad we found you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hearty congratulations to you! And those names are quite the mouthful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting observation about the names....

    Congrats on the 500!
    You know, I never even pay any attention to the number post I'm on....I'll have to check next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting topic today..
    congrats to you on 500...I am hoping to get there this year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that not just churches have interesting names (although some of them crack me up) I love reading the names of places. In fact my kids know I get a kick out of it so now that I can't they read them to me and we all get a good laugh. Congrats on your 500th post. That's a big deal.. I'm not there yet. Still working on it. Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those names are very long! I prefer brevity. Congrats on your 500th post. Good for you and I have loved getting to know you and reading your blog. Love and hugs to you, Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on hitting 500. That is just wonderful.

    As for those names, I pity the poor church secretary

    ReplyDelete