Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wilmington, NC trip - first post of several

   We are safely at home, car unloaded and dogs retrieved from Linda's mother. It was truly a fun weekend & it is a lovely area with so much to see and we fully intend to return when the weather will cooperate and not freeze our butts off.


   One of our great times was at the "World Market". It had so many food and drink items from literally all over the world. Today I will show you what I found in their wine section. Not really knowing what each one would taste like I picked some simply because of where it came from. First I want to display is from South Africa. I love Moscato so I really felt safe with this one called "jam Jar".





  The next one is also from South Africa and of course I got it because of our friends Desiree & Linda who live in that beautiful land. This one is called "Goats do Roam" bottled in 2010.  



   The third to display is also from South Africa and is called "Pomula" and is a wine spritz made with exotic Pomegranate and Marula fruit. It is bottled in Wellington, South Africa.



   OK, the last one to display for you came from Australia where we find the amazing Mynx. It was bottled by d'Arenberg in 2009 and is called "The Hermit Crab" viognier Marsanne and also has Adelaide above the name and I think that is where our girl Mynx actually lives.  



  I will tell you about another selection we brought home even though I don't have a picture. The bottles are very little kind of like the liquor bottles some of you may have seen on an airplane. It is called Choco Noir, chocolate wine specialty. We had seen this kind of wine in large bottles but didn't want to invest in it without tasting it first. I'll let you know how it was.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a wonderful trip! World Market is a great place to shop- I always spend too much money there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eager to read Desiree's response to your wine selections, Odie. She's probably asleep by now but should be starting her Monday morning in a few hours. I'm glad you had a good time and I wish you a safe and happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time.

    Now, Odie, is this what you plan on doing when you retire....drink?

    Just kidding, had to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lovely wine you got there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you should have been warm with all that wine! haha. Glad you are home safe. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. might be time to build a wine cellar my friend, giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. D'Arenberg Winery is in a region less than 20km from where I live and I have visited there several times.
    They have an excellent reputation and produce great wines.
    I always get a little buzz when I see mention of South Australian wines on international blogs. Makes me very proud of out wine industry.
    Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're back safe and sound my friend . Pity it was so cold! I did smile at the goat wine . It must have been made specially for you! Mmmm! That chocolate wine sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete