Wednesday, November 23, 2016


With Thanksgiving happening tomorrow I wanted to note my special thanks to the wonderful people at the Durham VA Medical Center for taking such good care of me on the 16th of November.  I had my right eye operated on and my lens was replaced with an artificial one. I went into surgery not being able to read a sign on the wall in the preop room and a little while later I was rolled back into that room and I could instantly read that sign so clearly. What a miracle. Now everything is so much brighter and vivid. Soon on December 23rd I will be having the same surgery on my left eye and I cannot wait to have both eyes seeing clearly again. This surgery is for seeing off at a distance and I noticed a problem seeing small print up close. I happened to see this pair of glasses I had for a long time and tried them and instantly the small print was clear as well. What a miracle having what I needed to correct the other issue. This is one happy man and I am so thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Odie. I honestly thought that I had left a comment on this. Sorry! It really is a miracle, and I'm so happy that your sight was improved almost immediately. I think you're having the second eye done sometime soon. What a difference it must have made to your life. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odie, drop me an email when you have time

    ReplyDelete