Saturday, June 25, 2011

A couple of things

It is a beautiful day here in NC so Rocky & I were out walking and paid a visit to "grandma's" apple tree in her front yard. I was sampling some of the fruit and pick one that had imperfections or small areas starting to decay. I would clean the good part on my shirt and eat what I could and toss the rest across the ground with Rocky chasing after it. He would lick it and look at me like he was saying do it again. After I had my satisfaction of green apples and tossed the last one Rocky picked it up and decided it was his. He brought it all the way to the house and has eat quite a bit of it by now.




The other thing I wanted to let know about is that the City of Weldon has put a new statue in place letting everyone know that our Roanoke River and specifically this area is the Rock Fish Capital of the World. There is a lot of fishing tournaments that take place here so I guess there may be some truth to their claim.



It is mid afternoon on this saturday and we have put up squash in the freezer, been to town for groceries and had an early afternoon nap. A very good day so far. Hope you all have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Rocky is just so cute! He's heard that an apple a day keeps vets away ;)

    So glad to hear you're having a wonderfully idle day! That's so good for the soul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Odie! Lovely to see little Rocky again. He really is so cute. Glad you've had a good day my friend. We have been promised that summer is going to arrive here tomorrow, so I am hopeful that it will be nice and warm. Will be good to feel the sun again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky makes me smile. Sometimes our animals can be so human-like. Sounds like your afternoon has been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Rocky's a rascal! I wish I could spend the day petting and playing with him. I'm sure we'd both love it. I'm glad you're having a good weekend thus far, Odie. We're finally getting good rains here in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky looks quite happy with his apple! are those fish good eating?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our dog would chomp on the apples that would fall from the tree. Loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great looking dog!!! Perfect size and looks like a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rocky is so cute:) Glad to hear that your having a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete