Saturday, November 13, 2010

My first letter from Jackson

I received my first letter today from my new friend Jackson Malya in Africa. According to the date of Oct. 7th it takes a little over a month to get a letter from the time the interpreter rewrites the letter.

The letter was not very long for the first one. He did share with me his two favorite memory verses from the bible. Psalm 4, verse 1 "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me when I was in distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer." The other verse is Psalm 5 verses 1-2 "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God , for to You I will pray."

Jackson is convinced that if you depend on God in your life, you will see Him. I am so glad that he seems to have a very strong spiritual value for his life that is guiding and comforting him .

Along with his letter there was a drawing attached of a mountain with a village and trees at the base. It was great to have something personal from him.

You too can experience this same closeness with someone from across the world that needs your love and concern. If you go to www.compassion.com and ask to be a letter writer they will provide you with a name and a picture of a needy child waiting for you. I am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment