Saturday, March 3, 2012

Memories


Sadly this used to be Carolina College of Commerce in Sharpsburg,NC and the school I graduated from in 1967 with a diploma in Senior Accounting. I loved that school and the instructors were awesome. It is also where I met my ex but that is another story for another time. 

There is a brick home behind the building that was the owner's home. His wife was handicapped and I never really knew when it finally closed down and for whatever reason. In my daily travels seeing customers for Quality Office Equipment I would have to pass by this building. At one point in time recently there was a combination flea market and market for local veggies. 


As the sign clearly indicates the property is now for sale in it's entirety and by now should probably be demolished and start from scratch. Oh well, I still have my memories of happy days between high school and the US Army. A really short 2 years. I just wish it could have ended more gracefully.


6 comments:

  1. It's always a little sad for me to see the decline of a building that housed so many wonderful memories. I'm glad you still have yours of your time there, Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling you share Odie. It's sad when something that meant so much to some, is of no value to others. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must know that I can relate to this, good buddy. There's an old place where many of my coming of age memories are kept. If I could save time in a bottle I'd go there right now and relive those happy days but I can't. The next best thing is keeping it alive through pictures and words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hate it when old buildings and business go away. It seems like it's a closing door that I can't peek through anymore when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The city I grew up in recently closed my elementary school. My inner child is pretty upset over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard, Odie, to see places close down or fall into disrepair. I've seen the local game farm/zoo close here in Kelowna and also a Flintstone's theme park. Our children loved to go to these places. It is sad to see them gone.

    ReplyDelete