Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for God's Word. It offers me instruction, joy, hope, healing, compassion, blessings, deliverance, forgiveness, grace and a fresh start for each new day. I like this scripture from Psalm 19:12-14 (Message)
"Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
Keep me from stupid sins,
from thinking I can take over your work;
then I can start this day sun-washed,
scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
These are the words in my mouth;
These are what I chew on and pray.
Accept them when I place them on the morning altar,
O God, my Altar-Rock, God, my Priest-of-my-Altar."


8 comments:

  1. I regard every new day as a clean slate. Maybe this will be the day when I manage to keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odie- Is there any other kind of sin but stupid? LOL
    God speaks to me each day through his book. I am so grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen is all I can add to this Odie. What would we do with out His Word? I need it for guidance. All the answers to life's problems are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm thankful for God's word too. He's knows I'm no saint, but I'm always trying to improve and with His guidance I know I'm moving in the right direction. I think the Bible is a great instruction manual for life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops...I mean "He knows," not "He's knows." I guess I just committed the sin of stupidity! Oh well, not the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going through a rough patch yesterday due to a distant relative that does all he can to rattle me. I was really upset, so I opened the Bible and read Psalm 23 and felt some peace. I too am thankful for Gods Word. Thanks Odie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah was up way too late last night reading His word. I could have sworn I started at 11:30! It was almost 1 when I looked at the clock again.

    The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps

    ReplyDelete