Friday, February 4, 2011

Things I love

If it wasn't for the grace of God what would we do? I give Him all the praise and glory for everything good in my life. It is amazing how much he loves even me.


Linda is really my other half and she does so much to keep my life happy and on track. She has so helped me be the better person I hope I am.




Hard to find words to express how much my little Rocky means to me. Life is just so much better when I can hold him and share love.




I can tell in so many ways how my friends in the blog world have helped me through difficult times and brought joy into my days.



Anyone who really knows Odie knows that I am perfectly happy as long as I can hear banjo music especially if someone talented like Steve Martin is doing the picking.







I not only love to cook, it is therapy for this old guy. I can get lost in my cooking and recover from a bad day just preparing a meal.




My sweet wife can verify that one of my all time favorite times of the week is 12:00 PM on Sunday when "In the kitchen with David Venable" comes on QVC. So If I am not cooking I like to see others cook and demonstrate cooking equipment.







What man doesn't love his recliner, the remote and something cool to drink.







I love all of the Bourne series and have watched them over and over again & cannot wait for #4 to come out. Don't know for sure if there will be a 4th but I was hoping.







One of my favorite things to see is a green light because that means I do not have to slow down on the mission I am on.











And if it isn't a green light that makes me happy it is an open road with no slow pokes in front of me to hinder my journey.










I love the total experience you get while on a cruise ship being disconnected from the world and getting rest and a break from life as we knew it.











My daughter will love this one as Duplin Winery in southern NC makes some awesome wine and my favorite has to be Black River Red.














I love beautiful scenery and nothing is as striking as a reflective scene where you get the mirror image in water. I simply love it.









11 comments:

  1. Odie, I love these posts when I find out more about you. I am thankful to have you as a blogging friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Odie.

    a 4th Bourne? Really? When?
    I thought Matt Damon said the 3rd was an end to it all....Loved those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad played banjo and was in a performing banjo band. Whenever I am on a boat or up in a plane I feel differently about the world. It's always good to break free of your daily patterns and have a refreshing change. I can never stay depressed when playing with my dog. Thanks, Odie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great. I love how you can mix the 'expected' with thinking outside the box. Makes me ponder a little longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading all those things about you Odie. Lovely to see a photo of your wife. She has a very pretty face. Hope you manage to get a peaceful and rested weekend with that adorable little Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wife is so pretty Odie - you can see the love and happiness on her face.

    It was so nice to read this. I think I should do this too, but my blog post would go on for days I fear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to agree that going on a cruise is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Odie, this is an especially beautiful post. I loved seeing all you are thankful for. We do have so many wonderful things in this life. I love the open road and cruise ships. They make you feel free and easy! And I don't know what I would be or do without God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics Odie. Nice pic of your wife too. She looks like a fun and happy lady. I read the Bourne books and have only seen the 1st movie. The books were just so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice....your posts always remind us to be thankful for what we have....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list! I'm a huge fan of the banjo too - my grandpa plays and gave me a banjo he, basically, built himself so I could learn. I can't understand the books though so I'm waiting for him to move closer so he can give me lessons Hehe.

    ReplyDelete