Friday, April 8, 2011

Kabobs



One of the most fun things to cook is kabobs and one of the great parts of this recipe is that you can vary the ingredients as you like. If you are using wooden skewers you will need to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to keep them from burning. I usually start and end with something like bell pepper or onion, then alternate with whatever you like. It could be a combination of bite size pieces of chicken tenders, onion, bell pepper. Or you could try bell pepper, onion, kilbasa, chunk pineapple. Another would be bell pepper, onion, zuchini, beef.




Once you decide on what combination of ingredients have everything lined up to assemble and place on a baking sheet or they can be grilled. I like to add some sweet barbeque sauce to mine. If using the oven place under the broiler and keep an eye on them to keep from burning. I turn them about half way through adding more sauce at that time. Once the initial prep work is done the cooking will go really quickly so think up what would taste great and have fun.


4 comments:

  1. You're right, Odie. Kabobs are great fun for a cookout. I have always loved kabobs because I am very fond of green and red peppers, onions and chunks of fruit. Happy Wordy Wednesday, good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kabobs are one of my favorite things to cook and eat!,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning these! I forgot that I wanted to make these for our luau...my mom used to have an amazing marinade that she would put on these but she doesn't remember what it was...I love your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete