Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fun with the boys

Every year on or about the time of my birthday I have this gathering with my 3 girls so we can at least see each other and spend a few minutes catching up and enjoying the moment. One is fairly local, one is a little over an hour away and the other is more than 3 hours away so we have to pick our times and go for it. Usually as was yesterday, IHOP wins as the meeting point since we all love just about everything they serve and look forward to any opportunity to pig out there. Also, usually all my grandchildren are present but my oldest, Ashley, could not make it but my two very excited grandsons were present and being themselves. It all started out sort of normal until I too the first couple of pictures. Kaden deep in thought about something.
Matthew looking over his artistic masterpiece.


Now that they know a picture has been taken they want only special effects starting with Kaden
Kaden loves to have his picture taken and of course has to see the picture immediately after the shot so he can get excited about the next one.

Of course Matthew has to mimick his brother and get into the act. They are precious little boys and I love them soooooooooo much. They surely made the day for all of us.


All present were me & Linda, Pam (mother of Ashley), Karen and Rachel (mother of the boys). It was a good day to put it mildly.

12 comments:

  1. Your grandsons are so cute! I'll bet they love eating out with the family. How nice that you and your daughters make plans to get together like that. It is important for families to see each other as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Belle, Odie - your little grandsons are super-cute!! It's funny, but even my little 2 year old grandson always has to see the photo after I have taken it! The wonders of the digital age. Lovely that you all were able to spend that precious time together. That, surely, is what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys have your good looks, Odie, and I can tell that a great time was had by one and all. Even my friend Puppy Kisses was there! Have a super Sunday, good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kids - IHOP is my favorite too.

    Carolina Mts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and great atmosphere coming out of them :) You are a lucky grandfather! Happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good pics. Had a great time and enjoyed seeing you. Pam, Rachel and I caught a movie and dinner while Billy kept the kids. We had fun. Went to church with Billy, Rachel and the kids this morning. And kazam, just like that, my weekend is coming to a close. But overall, I had a really good time! Have a good week. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute grandsons you have there! Glad you all had the opportunity to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kids, and it looks like everyone had fun! Grandparenting is a reward in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boys are too funny! How great that you were able to celebrate being together. It looks like there was abundant sunshine and smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love IHOP too! Looks as though ya'll had a great time! Glad ya'll are making such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a great day!
    your grand boys look like little sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete