Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Happy Thursday everyone. Today I am thankful for "Free Food". Yes, I said free. You see I was in the post office last week and being the frugal kind of guy I am my eye is always on the prowl for money saving coupons that may be visible in the large trash cans on either side of the table in the outer area of the post office.
I have already posted here before about how much I like our new Sheetz stores in Rocky mount, NC. I spotted the red Sheetz emblem and examined it. It had a selection of coupons, not for so much off, I am talking free. Made to order hot sandwiches like subs, hot dogs, made to go deli type sandwiches, specialty coffee drinks like the ever popular frappe that costs over $3 everywhere, even packages of cookies. Also on the mail out was a rip off card good for a free cup of coffee every day for the month of April. I've given numerous people free coffee cards to enjoy this month and Linda and I have enjoyed free evening meals every night this week that I pick up on the way home. Oddly, some folks still wonder why I like Sheetz so much. Go figure!

11 comments:

  1. I hope all of the people who take advantage of Sheetz' generosity will make it a point to become regular paying customers. They deserve our business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even heard of Sheetz! Our source of free food is our garden, you would be amazed at what our neighbours have taught us to harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I guess I need to keep my eyes open. How generous and kind of you to hand out the free coffee cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Odie! How wild that we both blogged about coupons today! (Honest, I didn't come over here first and take a peek...heh...) Thanks for your comment and for letting me know about your post--how terrific about your free coupons---yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of Sheetz either!! But they certainly seem to be having some good offers for their customers. I agree with Shady - let's hope that people will carry on supporting them when the offers end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to score great deals. Free is always best! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Free is always good and certainly something to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never heard of them either. they'd get my business, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love getting free stuff! Good for you for being frugal. Arbys was giving away free bottles of Pepsi today, so we lucked out too. That sounds like one terrific store - and both you and Shady like it so it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that sounds like a great deal! No catch? Amazing. I didn't know one could still get anything truly FREE these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free is always good as long as people patronize the store at other times as well.

    ReplyDelete